Cantamus Reigate News
Welcome to Cantamus Reigate’s website! Here you can find out all about this friendly, mixed-voice (SATB) choir, how it operates, its forthcoming events and how you can take part.
- Our next concert is approaching: 28 September 2019 – see “Next Event” details below.
- We enjoyed a successful and exciting concert on 9th March when we welcomed our friends the Ashford Baroque Ensemble to play some pieces of their own but mostly to perform Haydn’s Nelson Mass with us. The retiring collection for Doctors for Nepal raised an amazing £503.05! You can see some photos from the concert on our Gallery page.
- We were pleased to welcome back some of our “Brigadoon Brigade” – singers who have been on our list for years but who can only come and sing occasionally! It was lovely to see (and hear) you again.
- Find out how we work and how to sing with us from our About Us page above.
On Saturday 28th September, Cantamus Reigate Choir and Ensemble will be performing a concert in St Matthew’s, Redhill. The programme includes the ever-popular The Lark Ascending by Vaughan Williams, Pergolesi’s bright and breezy setting of the Magnificat and Charpentier’s charming Messe de Minuit as well as music by Tavener and Stanford. Admission is by programme at £12 (£10 concessions; U18s and students free) at the door. Any proceeds plus a retiring collection will support East Surrey Domestic Abuse Services, ESDAS, registered charity no 1092643. The concert starts at 7pm
- Cathy Whitnall (sop); Anne Mitchell (alto); Dominic Morris (ten); Roger Miller (bass)
- Antonina Dembinska Kenner (solo violin); Sonia Dembinska (piano)
- Cantamus Reigate Choir and Ensemble directed by Nick Landauer
Rehearsals for Next Event
- Mon 16/9 19.45 to 21.30 – St Matthew’s, Redhill
- Thu 19/9 20.00 to 21.45 – St Mark’s, Reigate
- Sun 22/9 14.00 to 16.00 – St Mark’s, Reigate
- Wed 25/9 19.45 to 21.30 – St Matthew’s, Redhill
- Fri 27/9 19.45 to 21.30 – St Matthew’s, Redhill
- Sat 28/9 – St Matthew’s, Redhill – timings as follows:
- 14.00 Magnificat instruments
- 14.30 Charpentier instruments
- 15.30 Choir only (instruments’ break!)
- 15.50 Tutti
- 17.00 End
- 18.45 Tutti re-assemble in church
- 19.00 Concert starts
- 21.00ish Concert ends
- Charpentier – Lemoine
- Pergolesi/Durante – Walton Music