Cantamus Reigate News
Welcome to Cantamus Reigate’s website! Happy New Year! Here you can find out all about this friendly, mixed-voice (SATB) choir, how it operates, its forthcoming events and how you can take part.
- Next concert: Saturday 14th March 2020 – see below.
- We spent a very happy day on Saturday 28 September 2019 in St Matthew’s, Redhill during the final rehearsal and the evening concert. The singers sang and the players played with sensitivity and/or gusto when the circumstances demanded! In particular, *Antonina Dembinska-Kenner and Sonia Dembinska delighted all of us with their performance of Vaughan Williams’ The Lark Ascending, but the audience also enjoyed Roger Miller’s Britten folksongs, accompanied by Charles Thompson, and the choir’s and ensemble’s items, directed by Nick Landauer.
- The retiring collection for East Surrey Domestic Abuse Services came to a healthy £414 and was augmented by a small surplus on the concert itself of £186.
*You can hear The Lark Ascending from our Sound Clips page.
- Sat 14th March 2020 at 7pm
- Vivaldi, Gloria
- Haydn, Insanae et Vanae Curae
- Parry, I Was Glad
- and music by Vaughan Williams and others
- Solo performances by talented young artistes
- St Mark’s Church, Alma Road, Reigate RH2 0AD
- Cantamus Reigate Choir
- John Hatton, organ
- Nick Landauer, director
- Admission by programme at the door £12 (£10 concessions; students and U18s free)
- Proceeds and retiring collection to Doctors for Nepal
- Sun 1 Mar 2-4pm
- Tue 3 Mar 745-930pm
- Sun 8 Mar 2-4pm
- Wed 11 Mar 745-930pm
- Fri 13 Mar 745-930pm
- Sat afternoon and evening
Concert and all rehearsals are in St Mark’s – see below.