Cantamus Reigate News
Welcome to Cantamus Reigate’s website! Here you can find out all about this friendly, mixed-voice (SATB) choir, how it operates, its forthcoming events and how you can take part.
- Our next concert is being arranged: 28 September 2019 – see below.
- We enjoyed a successful and exciting concert on 9th March when we welcomed our friends the Ashford Baroque Ensemble to play some pieces of their own but mostly to perform Haydn’s Nelson Mass with us. The retiring collection for Doctors for Nepal raised an amazing £503.05! You can see some photos from the concert on our Gallery page.
- We were pleased to welcome back some of our “Brigadoon Brigade” – singers who have been on our list for years but who can only come and sing occasionally! It was lovely to see (and hear) you again.
- Find out how we work and how to sing with us from our About Us page above.
- Charpentier – Messe de Minuit
- Pergolesi/Durante – Magnificat
- Tavener – Mother of God
- Stanford – Coelis Ascendit
- Vaughan Williams – The Lark Ascending
- Saturday 28th September 2019
- Performance starts at 7pm
- Zoe Triggs (sop); Anne Mitchell (alto); Dominic Morris (ten); Roger Miller (bass)
- Antonina Dembinska Kenner (solo violin); Sonia Dembinska (piano)
- Cantamus Reigate Choir and Ensemble directed by Nick Landauer
- St Matthew’s Church, Station Road, Redhill, RH1 1DL (i.e. not our usual Reigate venue)
- By programme at £12 (concessions £10; students and U18s free)
- Programmes available at the door or from firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Surrey Domestic Abuse Services (Registered Charity No: 1092643)
Rehearsals for Next Event
- Mon 16/9 19.45 to 21.30 – St Matthew’s, Redhill
- Thu 19/9 20.00 to 21.45 – St Mark’s, Reigate
- Sun 22/9 14.00 to 16.00 – St Mark’s, Reigate
- Wed 25/9 19.45 to 21.30 – St Matthew’s, Redhill
- Fri 27/9 19.45 to 21.30 – St Matthew’s, Redhill
- Sat 28/9 – afternoon and evening – St Matthew’s, Redhill